Land of Wa
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Land of Wa or Wa no Kuni is one of the worlds that are participating in The Game. It's based on Japanese legends, folktales, history and literature. It is named after the ancient name of Japan.
The exiled soul of Land of Wa was Yoshitsune.
The Land of Wa is populated by people of various races such as humans, beastmen , and oni . In this world, non-human beings are feared by the majority of humans. Festering prejudice has lead to countless skirmishes and wars between the two factions. Love and marriage between different races is met with disdain, and any children born from such a union are despised.
Eventually, Toji's ancestors, born of human and oni, fled through the Land of Wa's Gate to the world of Tokyo. Therein, they reached an agreement with the locals: in exchange for staying in Tokyo, they were to dispose of any oni and other non-human beings that had followed them there.
|Transients of Land of Wa|
Zenki and Goki】
- The transients of Land of Wa are derived from various Japanese historic figures, deities, and characters from folktales and novels:
- Benten, Ebisu, and Daikoku are members of Seven Lucky Gods. Benten also name drops two more members: Bishamon(ten) and Fukurokuju, during Treasure Hunting event.
- Moritaka, Tadatomo, Yasuyori, Tanetomo, and Masanori are members of the Hakkenshi (Eight Canine Warriors), which feature prominently in the epic novel Nansō Satomi Hakkenden. Shino is their spiritual father whose soul was shattered into eight virtues to be separately embodied by each Hakkenshi.
- Zao and Akiha Gongen are gongen, the protectors or essences of a particular place in Japan, most commonly a mountain. They are fierce figures, martially attired, and are called upon in times of war and trouble.
- Yoshitsune, Yoritomo, Oniwaka (Benkei), Musashi, and Yukimura are based on historical figures of the same name.
- Suzuka and Takemaru are figures from Japanese folklore of Suzuka Gozen and Sakanoue Takamuramaro.
- Hakumen is based on Tamamo no Mae, the legendary kitsune consort of Emperor Toba. Tamamo no Mae is also associated with other two figures: Daji/Dakki of China and Lady Kayo of India, the latter appears in the game as Hakumen's shadow.